Monthly Meeting Notes- March 9, 2017
March 9, 2017
Save the Date:
- Thursday, March 23rd at 6:00 PM @ the American Legion Post 31, 33 Washington Street, Rutland: Paint Party to Support Rutland County Women’s Network & Shelter
- Tuesday, March 28th at 7:30 AM @ the Vermont Statehouse – coffee hour about Project VISION
- If you want to participate, let Scott Tucker know
- Wednesday, April 5th: Parent-Child Center & Headstart Literacy event at hospital, 5:30 PM
- Wednesday, April 12th at Rutland Intermediate School @ 6:00 PM: Project VISION April Meeting
Habitat for Humanity:
- House design for 42 Cleveland is complete
- Still looking for volunteers and for monetary contributions (halfway to goal of $115,000) – “the only gift too small is the one not given”
- Hoping to start build no later than June 1st
Alis Headlam, We Are One Rutland
- $15 at Phoenix Book Store- lots of copies still available!
- Drum Journeys of the Earth Concert Saturday at 7 PM, $10 donation, raising money to heat Skullies for Halloween Parade
- Paint Party! March 23rd @ American Legion, 6-8:30 PM, $35 tickets
- Instructor will be helping participants paint “The Tree of Life”
- Dogs must be registered by April 1
- Free class: De-escalation and Pre-attack Clues, and Environmental Safety, Alisha & Greg teach
- Rutland City Police webpage: Police Cadets has been started up again- 14-19 year olds, “Law Enforcement Explorers” through the boy scouts; boys or girls welcome! Aim: to build good character and integrity
- Weekly meetings/training sessions that cover all aspects of law enforcement, ride alongs for 16 +, participants must complete community service
- Local NAACP Chapter was approved (yay!) “Like” the Facebook page HERE
- The first meeting of the Rutland Area NAACP organizing committee is set for Aug. 3 at 6 p.m. at the Rutland Free Library, with more information available by emailing email@example.com
- Founders Day next Wednesday, 2:00 @ Tuttle Hall
- Campus Invasion- 4 different rock groups, all ages, 7:00 PM @ Tuttle Hall
- Annual Easter Egg Hunt, Saturday, April 8, 10-12
- Rumpus (proceeds to Provider Scholarship)- live, local story telling, $20 in April 29, 7:00 PM @ Tuttle Hall
Caprice Hover, Rutland County Parent Child Center & Headstart
- April 5th at Stafford Center at the RRMC, 5:30-7:30
- Literacy for families, story teller, each family will leave with 2 books
- For families with kids under 6
- Full time recovery campus in Johnson
- Considering a satellite location in Rutland
- Mobile Drug Awareness Team, travels to new town every week
- Intake and admissions office upstairs at the Dream Center, teaching “Kick the Habit” classes there
Building Great Neighborhoods
Report to the Community:
- Brennan is collecting pictures and information about 2016 Project VISION events
- Has NWWVT, and Habitat for Humanity pictures
- Looking for:
- Neighbor Reach pictures
- Family Fun Day (November) pictures
- Ice Cream Social pictures
- We Are One Rutland pictures
- Project VISION high school group?
- Please email/call Brennan!
- 2017 Plans?
- Neighbor Reach
- Lending Library at Baxter Street Park, LaborWorks crew will set it up, Linda will be doing monthly story reading events
- August 1st: National Night Out
- Bianca, NeighborWorks: Northwest Rutland Calendar of events
- Looking for input! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more
- Bike racks in Downtown Rutland?
- Cindi will look and see if she has any information on an attempt from years ago for bike racks that double as art pieces
- Water Street Park rehabilitation?
- Work with zoning to figure out what we can place there (due to flood zone)
- Consider Project Graduation?
- TAG VISION: The TAG VISION Project (Together, Art Grows) is a youth-focused initiative that aims to build community and neighborhood pride through the creation and installment of public art in neglected spaces. Email email@example.com to learn more.